Over the past two years, during the worst of the pandemic, The Umbrella Arts & Environment program has continued to create solace, community, and reconnection with nature. Although they took a very different form from celebrations of the past few decades, 2020 and 2021 gave us opportunities to safely engage new, wider audiences in deep and novel ways for thematic explorations of Water and Air respectively. For 2022, we are delighted to return to an in-person Musketaquid Earth Day celebration, complete with art, crafts, a river ceremony at Minute Man National Historical Park, and an Earth Day festival at The Old Manse.
Earth Day Celebration
River Ceremony, April 23
• Location: The Old North Bridge at Minute Man National Historical Park
• 10:00am: Help build the Earth Floats onsite
• 11:00am: River Ceremony
• 11:30am – 11:45am: Procession to The Old Manse
Earth Day Festival, April 23
Collaboration with The Old Manse
• Location: The Old Manse grounds
• 12:00pm – 3:00pm: Performances, activities, landscape tours, ice cream and more!
For complete Earth Month programming, workshops, exhibit, participation and sponsorship details, visit TheUmbrellaArts.org/EarthDay or call 978-371-0820 x213
ALSO OF INTEREST: Earth Month Exhibit, April 6 – 23 Non-Juried Community Art Show in The Umbrella galleries